Like most country music fans, I spent my Sunday night watching the 51st Annual ACM Awards! In case you missed it, or if you just want to relive it again, check out my top 5 favorite moments from the show. Also, I’m bad a choosing favorites, so even though these are numbered, they aren’t necessarily in that order!
5. “Thank you Chris Stapleton for not being a group.” When Little Big Town took home their award for Vocal Group of the Year, Kimberly Schlapman threw out that funny comment!
4. Tim McGraw’s performance of “Humble and Kind”. Look, I’m a sucker for twinkly lights so Tim McGraw got me strictly from an aesthetics point of view. Those bracelets were totally the same ones that Taylor Swift used during the 1989 World Tour and I’m here for it. He also took some fashion advice from the late Johnny Cash, which I can appreciate. Not to mention, he’s a phenomenal performer who will be around forever, I’m just sure of it.
3. “Holy crap, God… that’s a bad sentence.” – Thomas Rhett. The man’s got lipstick on his lips and is on cloud 9 clearly. It was an overall adorable moment topped off with a close up of his wife, smiling from ear to ear. “Die A Happy Man” just got even cuter. Also please just look at this tweet and die with me.
2. Chris Young and Cassadee Pope’s “Think of You” performance. First off, Cassadee was KILLIN’ IT in that outfit. It was one of the performances I was most looking forward to and it did NOT disappoint! The chemistry, the song, the EVERYTHING.
- Annnnd, are you even surprised? Eric Church’s performance of “Record Year” definitely took my top moment! (If you haven’t caught on by now, I’m a huge Eric Church fan!) Firstly, I LOVE that song (check out my review), but second, I love the tribute to Bowie, Lemmy, Frey and Weiland! Plus, Eric Church always keeps it cool wearing sunglasses inside.
What moments were your favorite? Leave a comment below or find me on Twitter!